Nothing can be more frustrating than lying on your bed, tossing, turning and unable to sleep. Your mind is fast-paced, and you’re thinking about every topic you can think of. But what do you do? Sure, there are options to consider! There are lots of effective strategies to help you achieve a restful sleep that is restorative and relaxing. Here’s a list of some tips on how to sleep better every night.
1. Sleep only when you’re tired. If you’re not able to sleep for 30 minutes, get up from your couch and do something monotonous until you are tired.
2. Don’t make yourself sleepy nor worry about not getting to sleep. The act of forcing yourself to sleep increases stress and pressure, thus making it harder for you to go to sleep. The stress of not getting to sleep, on the other hand could trigger a spiral of negative thoughts which could contribute to a disorder known as “learned insomnia”.
3. Stop staring at your watch! This only increases your anxiety and awe of the clock.
4. Keep a consistent bedtime sleep schedule. If you can, go to sleep liquid melatonin liposomal bed at the same time every evening and wake up at the same hour every day.
5. Relax at night with a routine such as a relaxing shower or listening soothing music. This signals to your brain that it’s time to slow down and let go of the day.
6. Do not take naps longer than 30 minutes each day.
7. Your room should be conducive to sleeping. Reduce the noise and make sure your bedroom is dark and cool. Also ensure that your bed is comfortable.
8. Don’t go to bed hungry nor having heavy meals during the night. You can eat an easy snack before bed, such as a small bowl of whole-grain cereal that is low in sugar. Additionally, you can reduce your consumption of alcohol and caffeine and other known stimulants.
9. Do some exercise during the day or late in the afternoon, however, avoid exercise for more than 3 hours prior to bedtime. Yoga and other relaxing exercises can be beneficial.
10. Control stress and anxiety. There are lots of strategies to combat stress and anxiety such as practicing relaxation techniques. There are a variety of strokes for different people. You must determine what works for you.